Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Strumbellas - My Father and the Hunter: (Year-End Album Review)

A preview of my forthcoming annual, year-end, favourite albums post. Below is an album that is definitely under consideration - time will tell where it ends up on, or off, the final list.

Admittedly this band first won me over in concert so my love for their live show may have bled into this album. Regardless there is an energy on this jubilant country-tinged album that stands on its own. Like Kidstreet of last year the members bring it on stage but represented that energy reasonably well in the studio also. There are shout-along tunes sprinkled throughout the disc and the more you hear them the better they get. Cutting their teeth in the Toronto scene this year they deserve further recognition and all hopes the effort pays off.

Feel free to check out last year's list or my Top Albums lists dating back to 2002 on my previous Vernacular blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment