Saturday, March 12, 2011

Zoobombs (Bait Shop, Mar 12 afternoon, CMW)

Definitely the most ridiculous set I've seen in 2011 and I only caught the last four or five songs. It's not that I can't remember how many, it's more that I couldn't tell as this Japanese four piece played relentlessly from the moment I walked in the door. The Zoobombs skinny ring leader frenetically demanded more and more out of them between bouts of screaming into the mic, dropping to his knees and firing his guitar in loops around his shoulders. To their credit the bandmates didn't even flinch upon delivery - in fact their drummer acted as a piston continuously firing without any signs of wear (even busted sticks couldn't slow him down). The female synth player was no slouch either and bassist good-naturedly took some playful slaps during a duel with his singer. It was balls to the wall, full throttle, and it was damn incredible. Just watch the vid and realize this is at the END of a full set just like this!


2 comments:

  1. Best show of my entire life. And somehow that's still an understatement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa, Do you believe in reincarnation?

    ReplyDelete